Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Baby Svea

I'd like to introduce my beautiful niece...Svea Grace Boylan. She came into this world on January 26th weighing in at 6 pounds 11 ounces and 18.5 inches long. She is just the cutest little thing you have ever seen.
I was fortunate enough to have been there for her birth. Joey called me at 3am and said it's time. Why do babies always insist on coming at the wee hours of the morning? So I packed up and readied myself for the 2 hour drive to Medicine Hat. There was a lot of thinking that went on in that time and so much emotion. When I got there I was able to visit a little with Joey and John before things got crazy. It was nice to just sit and chat...even though Joey probably didn't think it was as relaxing as I did. Things got a bit crazy really fast...I mean fast. We left for the hospital and within 30 mins of arriving at the hospital Svea was born. The emotion and intensity of what happened in that 30 mins is indescribable but yet so beautiful at the same time. Joey is one of the bravest people I know. Her courage, strength and determination is something that I will forever remember.

Thank you....for inviting me in....to be a part of the most beautiful experience of life...not once, but twice. Love you.

Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment